An introduction to the Cambridge IGCSE Programme (Years 10 and 11)
The Cambridge International Examinations’ International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) programme is a balanced international curriculum designed to encourage high academic standards through a practical approach to teaching and learning.
The curriculum consists of a course of study leading to examinations usually taken at the age of sixteen. Successful students receive an internationally recognised qualification: the International General Certificate of Secondary Education with a separate award certificate for each individual subject.
The curriculum is suitable for students of all nationalities and all levels of ability. It is ideal preparation for higher-level courses such as the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP). IGCSEs are taught in over 100 countries throughout the world and are recognised as qualifications for matriculation or equivalence purposes by universities in the United Kingdom and many other countries.
IGCSE covers a broad range of subjects with syllabuses which are regularly reviewed to keep pace with developments in educational practice and to meet the requirements of schools throughout the world.
Please click here for information regarding the IGCSE courses to be taught at Park Lane.
2022 IGCSE exam results
2021 IGCSE exam results
2020 IGCSE exam results
We heartily congratulate our Year 11 pupils for achieving splendid Cambridge IGCSE results this summer. We are extremely proud of our pupils, who, despite the many obstacles they faced in the past year, rose to the challenge and truly excelled. Congratulations, too, to all the teachers who worked so hard to support and prepare our 2020 exam candidates.
Statistics for our June 2020 Cambridge IGCSE candidates:
• 100% pass rate.
• 53% of all grades achieved are A* or A.
• First Language English and Mathematics students achieved a 100% pass rate at A* – C.
• Our two highest achievers attained straight A* grades for 9 and 10 subjects respectively.
2019 IGCSE exam results
We are delighted to inform the school community about the Cambridge IGCSE exam results of our current Year 12 students (the graduating Class of 2021) who have now started their IB Diploma courses. Well done to each and every student!
Our Year 12 pupils’ achievements included:
- 51% of all exams passed were at A* to A grade and over 90% of all exams passed were in the A* to C grade range.
- 100% of Maths results were in the A* to C grade range (2019 worldwide = 74%).
- 50%* of First Language English results at A* to A standard (2019 worldwide = 35%).
- 96%* of First Language English results in the A* to C range (2019 worldwide = 83%).
- *Only one of our candidates was entered for IGCSE English as a Second Language.
Huge congratulations to the following students for their spectacular individual results:
Hana (12P) 11A* grades (a new school record!)
Jakub (12L) 9A* + 2A
Mikolaj (12P) 9A* + 1B
Jason (12P) 7A* + 4A
Bara (12P) 7A* + 2A + 1B
Laura (12L) 6A* + 4A