Community

Initial information

Aims:

• Help with education
  • Support conservation projects
  • Involve our students – educational purpose

Current plans underway:  Financial support of building a secondary school (block of 3 classrooms + office, incl. water borehole, toilettes).
Short term fundraising projects to support the primary schools in the NSEFU area- involvement our students, the realisation of school activities and project with the aim to raise money for:

• Stationery
  • Books
  • Chairs, tables
  • Borehole in the community school
  • Conservation projects

Zambia, the country

Picture of youthful Mr Burcher with his Mum, Christmas 1970

Between Europe and the Copperbelt

Five years ago I found myself whiling away an afternoon with a Chinese colleague in a Suzhou teashop. We were working together on a teacher training initiative for the province of Jiangsu, and after a frantic first morning, we were getting to know each other a bit better over a cup of oolong. Inevitably, the “where are you from?” a question came up, something I’ve as You see, I was born in 1970 in the young Republic of Zambia to British parents, and held a Zambian passport until I was 16. It was only because the strictness of Zambian law on dual nationality forced me to renounce my citizenship (I’m British through my parents); I remember my 16th birthday as a slightly sad one because of this. Read more

Picture of youthful Mr Burcher with his Mum, Christmas 1970

Would you like to support this project? Please contact Jan Čihák at jan.cihak@parklane-is.com